Tuesday, April 16, 2013

4 Cheesecakes from The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory is probably the most happenin' place in Walden Galleria. The wait for a table was 1.5 hours on a Saturday night. We opted to get take-out slices of cheesecake and just eat them in the food court instead, since we were still quite full from lunch. Here's some blurbs about our choices:

Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake
- Layers of Our Fudge Cake, Chocolate Cheesecake, Vanilla Mascarpone Mousse and Chocolate.

This was my choice for cake of course. I loved that it was chocolate cheesecake in the middle, probably my favourite dessert. The vanilla mousse was amazing and a nice flavour in contrast to all the rich chocolate.
Rating: 4/5



Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheesecake
- Raspberry-Vanilla Cake, Creamy Lemon Cheesecake, Raspberry Lady Fingers and Lemon Mousse.

+Joslynn Gallant got this one and when I had a bite, I thought that it was extremely and surprisingly sour. I'm a huge fan of the lemon-raspberry combination but this didn't exactly work for me.
Rating: 2/5



Pineapple Piña Colada Cake Cheesecake
- Moist White Cake Layered with Original Cheesecake, Pineapple, Coconut and Rum.

The last 2 were about 50 cents more expensive because they are clearly larger slices. This one was very simple but well done overall with all the right elements. You could taste the subtle pineapple flavour while the moist cake and original cheesecake were delicious. This isn't something I would get for myself just because it is a bit plain, but very tasty still.
Rating: 2.5/5




Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake
- Layers of Red Velvet Cake and Cheesecake Covered in Cream Cheese Frosting. Finished with White Chocolate

I'm always cautious of red velvet because I know how rich it can be despite how pretty. This was no exception, the cake was heavy and the cream cheese frosting just added to it. It was amazing, but one bite was enough for me.
Rating: 3/5






I've always wondered about the hype of The Cheesecake Factory because everyone goes there but their cheesecake slices are like at least $7. They obviously taste amazing and are done well culinarily, but I still think it's over-priced.  Despite this, I will probably fall into the trap, because you can't just not get one when they're all on display in front of you looking all pretty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment