Friday, September 27, 2013

Petit Thuet

Date Visited: Lunch on Sunday Sept 8, 2013
Company: Grabbed a quick bite for myself on the way to a TIFF volunteer shift

As I was walking along King Street after leaving Roy Thompson Hall after a TIFF volunteer session, I randomly glanced upon Petit Thuet, a small bakery very close to Will's place that I had never seen before. Thinking back, I was a bit nippy so I was probably looking around for a place to grab a small bite. I walked by and it looked a bit intimidating truthfully, so I continued walking, contemplating whether or not I should have gone in. The next morning however, I walked by again on the way to RTH for another volunteer shift and took the steps into the bakery this time. The place was very lighted from the sun outside, shining through the windows with high ceilings. There were a few people in there, sitting and having coffees. They didn't seem to have very much selection that Sunday morning with about 3 choices of sandwiches. I also noticed that they were also pretty pricey, about $8 for a small sandwich. 

I ordered the Pulled Pork Sandwich off the top of my head and got it heated to go. I regretted not getting a croissant while there as I read on Foursquare right after that they were a signature item. They also had a few macaroons that also seemed popular from reviews. I had a nice conversation with the waiter about TIFF and he said that the bakery caters to celebrities and it's where they get their bread from while in Toronto. The owner's son who is also an employee gets to meet many of the celebs while delivering their food (fun fact!). The owner also has a book on display and for sale near the cash register.

Anyway, I got my sandwich and ate while walking down King St. The sandwich was nice and warm when I took it out. It's pretty standard sized but just a bit thinner than usual, so I thought that there wasn't much pulled pork between the buns. However, the it was packed a lot of flavour despite its look. The sauce was very sweet and the cheese was melted which added a nice texture. The bread was crispy
 fresh and the sandwich wasn't too heavy and very delectable.

Food:
 3.5/5 - Excellent quality, but over priced.
Decor:
3/5 - Simple, spacious and classy.
Service:
3.5/5 - Kind of pretentious but friendly.
Willingness to come back:
1/5 - Too pricey for me, unless I wanted to try a macaroon or croissant.
Overall:
 3/5
Website
http://www.petitethuet.com/

Petite Thuet on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment